Spinoso Real Estate Group is an Innovative, Aggressive and Proven real estate firm providing a wide-range of personalized retail real estate services.
We are activity seeking to add qualified individuals to our ever-growing team for the New York and California corporate offices, and our retail properties.
Our CultureAt Spinoso, we operate with a get-it-done mindset, and our corporate culture is very much the same. Creating value for the clients we represent is at the core of operations – and we’re passionate about it! Simply Put, We Love What We Do & We Get Deals Done!
Our Values coincide with our Business Philosophy and guide us in Developing our Vision, Setting our Goals and Executing our Plans. We are committed to:
- Conducting Business with Integrity
- Executing with Excellence
- Operating with Humility
Senior Property Accountant - NY Corporate Office
The Senior Property Accountant reports to the Director of Property Accounting and Auditing and is responsible for financial operations and reporting for assigned properties; coordinating with on-site bookkeeping staff and providing training, guidance, development, and problem solving on a daily basis; monitoring the Accounts Payable process and reviewing batches to ensure prompt payment and appropriate cash management; collaborating with Property Management, Leasing, Specialty Leasing and the on-site management team to produce annual budgets and forecasts; reviewing and approving all annual tenant reconciliations and billings, including CAM, real estate taxes, HVAC, and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for financial operations and reporting for selected properties:
- Management/supervision of employees, with input on their job status
- Coordinate with on-site bookkeeping staff and provide training, guidance, development, and problem solving
- Provide input to General Manager for bookkeepers’ performance evaluations and goal setting
- Monitor Accounts Payable process and review batches to ensure prompt payment and appropriate cash management
- Administer P-card program including issuance, tracking and funding/payment
- Review payroll and fee billings, and provide journal entries as required
- Schedule and participate in regular Accounts Receivable calls with on-site bookkeepers, General Managers and other staff
- Review accounting and financial reports, journal entries, and related information from the Company’s third-party accounting partner(s)
- Create and complete closing entries
- Review and approve all annual tenant reconciliations and billings, including CAM, real estate taxes, HVAC, and others
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounting, Property Accounting, Property Management, Leasing, Specialty Leasing and the on-site management team to produce annual budgets and forecasts, with particular focus on corporate allocations, management and leasing fees, capital schedules, depreciation and amortization as well as Yardi support
- Calculate and process Client distributions
- Provide support with maintenance of banking arrangements, cash management, annual audit requirements, special projects and other requests
Provide superior client service:
- Maintain Client confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Be familiar with terms of the Management and Leasing Agreements for each Client (assigned properties) to ensure that accounting and reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and timely, including transition activities for new business or terminated assignments
- As directed by senior management, answer Client questions or provide support for property reporting
- Positively and proactively collaborate with everyone in the company in any way needed to further the leasing and marketing of mall properties to achieve, sell, and provide world-class service to all our constituents
Work with Director of Property Accounting and Auditing to review, evaluate, create and implement accounting processes and procedures company-wide, focusing on collaboration, ease of use, best practices and continuous improvement
- Collaborate and consult with Director of Property Management and on-site staff to monitor effectiveness of processes and gather feedback for managing change and developing policy
- Assist Director of Property Accounting and Auditing in oversight of lease administration processes and procedures for both leases and licenses/short term leases and implement best practices with input from Directors of Property Management, Leasing and Specialty Leasing
- As policies and procedures are developed and approved, as appropriate, disseminate the information to on-site property management staff and train the staff, as needed
- Collaborate with other Senior Property Accountants to create, design, and implement checklists, templates, calendars, processes and internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting and to create efficiencies and ease of work for property accounting, lease administration and treasury functions
- Document such checklists, templates, calendars, processes and internal controls to build Property Accounting procedures manuals, as needed
Perform other duties as required:
- Assist management with prorations or other activities for Client’s financing or sales activities, as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- CPA or pursuing certification, preferred
- Four years’ experience in public accounting and/or experience in the real estate industry especially property accounting for shopping malls, preferred
- Adept with technology especially with Excel; familiarity with real estate accounting software, Yardi experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities and able to manage time and be effective working from remote locations and/or home office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of computer screens and keyboards
- Operation of a passenger vehicle
- Occasional and sometimes overnight air travel
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone/radio
- Ability to operate office equipment, including a copier, fax machine, postage machine, etc.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications on the phone, radio or face-to-face
- Vision sufficient for reading work related documents on a monitor or in paper format
- Sufficient sense of smell to detect dangerous odors
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb, and reach in the course of normal office functions
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be required. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leasing Representative - NY & CA Corporate Offices
We are currently seeking an individual for our Junior Leasing Representative Role. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-motivated, quick learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Lease retail space in national enclosed mall portfolio. Secure new, impact deals for projects.
- Identify potential tenants through canvassing, cold-calling, and staying well-informed on industry trends
- Develop productive relationships with tenants
- Participate in internal leasing meetings, industry-wide ICSC events, tenant specific meetings
- Ability to analyze and evaluate existing and prospective tenant financials
- Coordinate with on-site mall staff and construction team to evaluate and prepare tenant spaces
- Negotiate deal terms and coordinate lease negotiation and execution with legal counsel
- Execute existing tenant renewals or restructure existing leases
- Assist in the merchandising of client or company retail properties
- Diligent, accurate maintenance of client leasing reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years professional experience is a plus
- Willing to travel up to 35% of the time – travel by air, car or other means to accomplish duties
- Previous experience in the Commercial Real Estate/ Retail industry is not required
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Bottom line, you need to be able to get deals done!