Spinoso Real Estate Group is an Innovative, Aggressive and Proven real estate firm providing a wide-range of personalized retail real estate services.
We are activity seeking to add qualified individuals to our ever-growing team for the New York and California corporate offices, and our retail properties.
Our CultureAt Spinoso, we operate with a get-it-done mindset, and our corporate culture is very much the same. Creating value for the clients we represent is at the core of operations – and we’re passionate about it! Simply Put, We Love What We Do & We Get Deals Done!
Our Values coincide with our Business Philosophy and guide us in Developing our Vision, Setting our Goals and Executing our Plans. We are committed to:
- Conducting Business with Integrity
- Executing with Excellence
- Operating with Humility
Director of Finance and Accounting - Corporate Office, Syracuse NY
The Director of Finance and Accounting contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise financial and accounting professionals, both in the corporate office and at remote properties
- Seek to build and improve finance/accounting team members by providing training, coaching, motivation and direction
- Assist in managing the financial performance of the properties and property management division
- Assist in transitioning new properties into the SREG portfolio
- Complete employee performance reviews and regularly communicate performance expectations
- Review and approve property operating statements and reports
- Work to implement “best practices” for property finance and accounting procedures and processes
- Work closely with Director of Property Management to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and budgets
- Assist in performing due diligence for potential property acquisitions
- Resolve day-to-day finance and accounting issues
- Travel by air, car, or other means to accomplish duties
- Participate in ICSC functions
- Assist Sr. Management team members and Leasing Representatives when needed
- Provide superior client service:
- Positively and proactively collaborate with everyone in the Company in any way needed to further the leasing and marketing of mall properties to achieve, sell and provide world-class service to all our constituents
- Maintain Client confidence and protect operations by keeping proprietary information confidential
- Perform other duties as required
- Education and/or Experience
- BS Business Administration or similar degree (combination of education and experience may be looked at)
- 10+ years’ experience
- CPA required
- Strong management, leadership and team building skills
- High level financial/accounting skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Technology adept, especially with Excel
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Able to manage time effectively working from remote locations and/or a home office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of computer screens and keyboards
- Operation of a passenger vehicle
- Occasional and sometimes overnight air travel
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone/radio
- Ability to operate office equipment, including a copier, fax machine, postage machine, etc.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb, and reach in the course of normal office functions
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be required. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Spinoso is an Equal Opportunity Employer.